Teaching Assistant Vacancy
9th October 2023
Teaching Assistant Vacancy
27.5 hours per week (17 hours per week, permanent, 10.5 hrs per week, temporary) - Term time only
St Augustine’s Catholic Primary School, Hardy Avenue, Weymouth, are seeking to appoint a positive and inspiring Teaching Assistant to support children with SEND from October 2023. St Augustine’s are keen to accommodate the best candidates who will make a positive impact on the school and standards. Applicants with experience are encouraged to apply.
- A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
- A commitment to your own professional development
The successful candidates will:
- Be happy to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Be dedicated to raising standards and be a good role model
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature
- Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff
- Have a reflective and evaluative approach to their practice
Required: October 2023
Salary: Band C Spinal Point 3-5 (£20,812 to £21,575 - Full Time Equivalent Salary)
Contract: Part-Time (17 hours per week permanent, 10.5 hours temporary)
If you require further information, please contact Anna Hart, Senior Administrator, by email at email@example.com or contact the School Office on 01305 782600.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 18th October (9am)
Interviews: Thursday (pm – Time TBC), 19th October 2023
To apply: Please view the Job Description and Application notes and send your completed Application Pack (to include Application Form, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Disclosure Form and Recruitment Monitoring Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email
Visits to the school can be arranged – please contact Anna Hart, Senior Administrator, by email at email@example.com or contact the school on 01305 782600.
We will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of safeguarding check and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. All aspects of social media and internet searches will be conducted. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination, a person who will not be on the appointment panel will conduct the searches and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.