Vision and Values
Academy Mission Statement
Our mission is to be a community of outstanding schools in which our pupils flourish in safe, happy and stimulating environments and leave us with the knowledge and skills, personal qualities and aspirations, to make the world a better place, inspired by the Gospel.
Our Vision Statement
The Church insists on the highest standards of academic achievement in its schools, so that our young people leave us as ‘agents of change’ – educated and caring people who have the qualifications, knowledge and skills they need to flourish as human beings and make the world a better place.
Inspired by our Teacher, Jesus Christ, and his good news to the poor, we have a commitment especially to those who are disadvantaged. We are determined that a child’s start in life need not determine their future. We are committed to the well-being of the earth, our common home, inspired by the example of Pope Francis: to live wisely, think deeply and love generously.
In all our schools we will develop a culture of high expectation and aspiration, based on our fundamental belief in the dignity of all human beings. We want all our pupils to flourish in safe, happy and enriching environments, taught and supported by adults who are skilled, motivated and committed to our shared vision and values.
We will work together as one Trust, one family of schools, a community inspired by a vision for excellence. We commit ourselves to deepen our mission and raise standards in order to provide an excellent Catholic education for every child in our care.
When this vision becomes a reality, our pupils will leave us with:
- A sense of their dignity and worth as a person loved by God
- A sense that creation is God-given and good and we have a duty of care towards our common home
- The best academic qualifications they were capable of achieving to allow them to flourish in adult life
- A sense of service to the world, especially to the disadvantaged
- A sense that they are gifted and called to a vocation of service in life
- Happy memories of their time in school, especially of how adults made them feel – a sense of belonging